It was founded in 1590 by nuns from the Convent of Mirambel (Teruel). The conventual building was built where before existed a hospital for poor people and its annexed chapel, which were ceded by the town council. The back wall of the convent includes one of the ancient towers, known as Augustinian Tower, which flanked the Vedella Gate. The congregation has lived in the convent uninterruptedly since its founding, except in the Civil War when the convent was expropiated by the CNT (National Confederation of Labour).
The current church, adjacent to the convent’s rooms, substituted a previous church. It was started in 1701 and finished in 1708. The façade is symmetrical with three levels separated by imposts and two twin towers. It is important to highlight its three central trefoil arches supported by Tuscan columns. The structure is crowned with an ornamental cornice and a window sill. The church is a single-nave building with four sections, lateral chapels and a dome supported by pendentives.